NOAA UNVEILS RESOURCE-RICH ARCTIC WEB SITE
September 12, 2000 NOAA's Arctic Research Office launched its Arctic Theme Page, a rich and comprehensive resource Web site focused on the Arctic. The Arctic Theme Page links to widely distributed real-time and retrospective data and information. It is intended to serve a wide audience, including scientists, students, teachers, decision makers and the general public.
There you will find:
- Essays on key Arctic issues by respected Arctic scientists
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Arctic
- Current status of the Arctic environment?
- Central access to widely-distributed data and information related to the Arctic from research institutions world-wide
- Color graphics and animations of Arctic related data
- Educational links, including topics such as Northern Lights, Arctic pollution, animals, maps, Arctic exploration, Native Peoples, and more
The Arctic remains one of least explored, studied and understood places on earth. Visit the Web site today.
Relevant Web Sites
NOAA's Arctic Theme Page
NOAA's Arctic Research Office
Barbara McGehan, NOAA Research, (303) 497-6288.